director and researcher
Fields of research: criminology, criminal law, philosophy of law, psychology and law, law and psychoanalysis, post-structural analysis of law, crime and technology, cybercrime
Fields of research: criminology and psychoanalysis, law and psychoanalysis, philosophy, sociology of culture, political culture, culture and violence
Mojca M. Plesničar
Areas of research: sentencing, punishment and decision-making processes in criminal justice, new technologies and criminal justice, marginalised groups (youth, women, foreigners) in criminology and criminal justice, violent crime, sexual crime.
Fields of research: human rights in the digital age, right to privacy and data protection, legal aspects of cyber security (cyber crime, regulation of cyberspace)
Iva Ramuš Cvetkovič
Fields of research: criminological, criminal and international legal aspects of technology, philosophy of law, theories on violence and evil, space technology and space law, effects of technological development on human rights
Fields of research: criminology, philosophy (of law), maschine ethics, criminology and literature
Professional staff of Institute of Criminology is led by the director. It consists of senior researchers, part-time researches, external collaborates, junior researchers. Researchers hold a Ph.D with various internal titles such as senior scientific counselor, senior scientific fellows and scientific fellows. Junior researchers hold bachelor’s degree or master’s degree are part of the institute wihile pursuing a Ph.D. The rest of the staff consists of library and administration staff.
- Matjaž Ambrož, PhD Law, Researcher, Professor
- Katja Filipčič, PhD Law, Researcher, Professor
- Primož Križnar, M.A. Law, Researcher
- Miha Hafner, PhD Law, Researcher, Assistant Professor
- Katja Šugman Stubbs, PhD, Researcher, Full Professor
- Nesa Vrečer, M.A. in Philosophy, Researcher
- Luka Mišič, PhD Law, Researcher, Assistant Professor
- Lara Dular, M.A. Law, Researcher
- Marko Balažic, M.A. Law, Researcher
- Lior Volinz, Ph.D. (2021), Vrije Universiteit Brussel, postdoctoral researcher (Crime and Society - CRiS)
- Jakub Drapal, (2021, 2020), Czech Academy of Sciences and Charles University in Prague.
- Maja Brkan, Ph.D. (2020), University of Ljubljana, Associate Professor of EU law, Faculty of law of Maastricht University